IREX Intern - Accounting in Washington, District Of Columbia
General Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves asthe point of entry for AP invoice routing in web-based A/P system for approvals.
- Reviews coding and description of AP invoices in web-based AP system to ensure they are in compliance with AP policies, procedures and best practices, as well as with funder requirements.
- Imports AP transactions from web-based AP system to Deltek on a weekly basis.
- Reviews employee expense reports to ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Responds to staff and vendor inquiries related to payments and expenses.
- Manages IREX DC office petty cash.
- Assists AP & Payroll Accountant to report 1099 to IRS and vendors on a timely manner.
- Processes check deposits on a weekly basis.
- Enters journal entries into general ledger as needed.
- Partners with AP & Payroll Sr. Accountant to assist with annual audit.
- Maintains proper accounting department backup documentation and files.
- Assists with other accounting functions and tasks on an as-needed basis.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or ongoing
Can guarantee at least 20 working hours per week
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with high degree of customer service orientation
Ability to work independently, prioritize work and follow through on all assignments
Ability to work under minimal supervision
Excellent time management and self-motivation
Thorough understanding of subsidiary ledgers functions
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point applications