Wolf Creek Federal Services Machinery Maintenance Mechanic in FORT MEADE, Maryland
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Under direction of the Facility Supervisor, the Machinery Maintenance Mechanic repairs machinery and mechanical equipment primarily used for classified material conversion (CMC) purposes. The work may include examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble, dismantling or partly dismantling machines, performing repairs, replacing broken or defective parts. Duties may also include preparing written specifications for major repairs or for the production of parts ordered from machine shops, reassembling machines and making all necessary adjustments for operation.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Monitors, maintains, and repairs classified material conversion machinery.
- Examines machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble, dismantle or partly dismantle machines and perform repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts
- Reads, interprets, and adjusts meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment and processes are working properly.
- Replaces broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock, orders the production of a replacement part by a machine shop and repairs the machines when parts are procured.
- Reads, interprets and adjusts meters and gauges to make sure that plant equipment and processes are working properly.
- Replaces broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock and/or ordering the production of a replacement part by a machine shop and repairing machines when parts are procured.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, portable power tools, and standard measuring instruments.
- Plans, organizes work, and meets all deadlines. Able to do a variety of tasks in any single day.
- Responds to emergency site maintenance as required.
- Performs on call and preventive maintenance duties as necessary.
- Coordinates with other trade and warehouse personnel the identification of proper and correct materials, parts assemblies and requirements for a variety of requisitions necessary for the job/task.
- Helps perform periodic stock inventories and prepare material requisitions for replacement items as required.
- Operates Government or Wolf Creek-owned motor vehicles and/or other equipment.
- Performs various lower classified duties such as (but not limited to) file maintenance, workspace cleanup
- Adheres to the established Wolf Creek safety, personnel policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Harmoniously working with other Wolf Creek employees and customers.
- Working with the Facility Supervisor to outline work to be done, after which incumbent is expected to work independently. Guidelines include those established by the Facility Manager, Facility Supervisor, manufacturer handbooks, the National, State and Local Building Codes and engineering handbooks appropriate to the trade.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED.
- Three (3) years of experience maintaining and repairing Industrial machinery, specifically CMC machinery.
- Level I NDT Certification
- Familiarity with basic mathematical functions is required.
- Completion of industry certification program
- Good working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Mature judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background and drug screen.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level clearance.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and team lift 75 pounds.
- Five (5) years of experience maintaining and repairing industrial machinery.
- Active Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) level clearance.
Primary Location: US-Maryland-FORT MEADE
Number of Openings: 2
Job Number: FOR10159
Req ID: FOR10159