Inova Health Systems MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN 1 in FALLS CHURCH, Virginia
Our NEW Adolescent Inpatient Psych Unit is slated to open in JULY and we are looking to hire Mental Health Techs to join the team!!
The Mental Health Tech is responsible for the following:
- Assists in the delivery of direct patient care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Communicates and collaborates with care team members in implementing the plan of care to meet individualized and developmental patient care outcomes.
- Utilizes information to continuously improve patient care and practice to enhance outcomes.
- Partners with Registered Nurse to create a professional development plan to provide employee with the necessary skills to deliver up-to date patient care.
- Provides direct care for adolescent inpatients under supervision of RN.
- Takes vital signs, assists with ADLS, supervises and conducts program activities, supports unit philosophy of care and safety.
- Report to RN Unit Supervisor. EEO: M/F/Vets/Disabled
At least 1 year adolescent experience preferred, or equivalent ambulatory child/adolescent experience. Aptitude and desire to work with adolescent patients and families.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Medical terminology Proficient in English Verbal and written communication skills
Work Site Location: INOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS
Work Site Address: 3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Schedule: Monday-Friday with every other weekend
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA
Shift: 12 hour Night