Inova Health Systems MED REC PHYSICIAN CODER 3 in FALLS CHURCH, Virginia
We are looking for a Medical Record Physician Coder 3 to join our Physician Billing Team!
The Medical Record Physician Coder 3 is responsible for the following:
- Performs daily surveillance of encounters performed in assigned locations to ensure that charges entered into the EPIC charging system are valid.
- Verifies the accuracy, completeness, and precision of ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, and HCPCs coding, including modifiers, units, and other variables impacting workload accountability and billing.
- This requires independently re-coding the encounter from source documentation, completing supporting worksheets documenting rationale for coding decisions, recording discrepancies, and recording the rationale for changes in coding decisions.
- Maintains current knowledge to ensure that the Inova Health System coding and documentation meets regulatory guidelines and audit standards and results in appropriate reimbursements.
- Maintains professional competency in professional services coding and documentation requirements
- Complete all work in accordance with the defined productivity and quality standards.
- Support Coding Manager in review of denials relating to coding and provide feedback for resolution or denial prevention.
Three years of experience in a healthcare setting is required. Three years of coding experience is required. Three years of medical terminology required. Three years of customer service experience is required. Three years of knowledge in coding practices is required. One year of knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements is required Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of physician, patient, patient account and personnel data is required.
High School or GED
RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CPC certification.
Work Site Address: 2990 TELESTAR COURT
Work Site City/State: FALLS CHURCH, VA