Children of America Preschool - Toddler Teacher, MD in Crofton, Maryland
Job Description: Preschool - Toddler Teacher
At Children of America, our commitment is to enhance the developmental growth and learning experience of every child. For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare leader among parents and colleagues. Our childcare classrooms are safe, nurturing environments for children six weeks to five years, offering age-appropriate, play-based opportunities for exploration and discovery. From infants to toddlers, preschoolers to kindergarteners, our highly trained teachers lead each child to reach developmental milestones, preparing the children for social and academic readiness.
Children of America is seeking kind, imaginative, and experienced Preschool Toddler Teachers. This warm and patient individual should have a passion for the Early Childhood Education field and use creative methods to teach our young ones. Our Toddler teachers are professionals that nurture young minds while maintaining a happy, healthy and safe environment. On a daily basis our Toddler teachers create and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans to children 15 months to 24 months and foster consistent open communication with parents about progress, schedules, and individual achievement.
The Toddler Teachers responsibilities include:
- Create learning spaces that support and enhance curriculum activities.
- Implement COA's curriculum in a way that is consistent.
- Adapt your teaching style as needed for each child.
- Come to work on time and ready to give 100% every
- Work encouragingly with your team to achieve the center's goals.
- Welcome and engage prospective families who come for a tour. Speak to the features and benefits of our programs. Answer parent questions.
- Continue to deepen your knowledge of COA's curriculum and implement it in the classroom.
- Learn to use the technology and systems needed for your job, and be willing to learn new programs, applications, systems, or devices as things change.
- Anticipate what the classroom, center, or your co-workers may need and follow through without prompting.
- Must meet and follow all City and State licensing requirements.
- Lead Teacher qualified with 90 hours MSDE training & 45 MSDE infant/toddler training
- Must be at least 21yrs of age.
- One-year of child development experience in a licensed day care center
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
*We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following: *
- Comprehensive healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Childcare Discount Program
Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan coverage
A 401(k) plan
Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program and bonus compensation
- Exclusive discounts at Avis Rent a Car
- "Alpha Perks": discounts with retailers, entertainment, hotels, pet insurance, identity theft & prepaid legal services and savings on home and auto insurance.
Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Start/End Date: 12-Mar-2018 to 11-May-2018 (EST)
Location: Crofton, MD, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Hourly