Adams Communication & Engineering Technology IT Program Manager in Chantilly, Virginia
Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking a IT Program Manager for our Chantilly, VA location.
This position is for a technical Project Manager. The Sponsor seeks a PM who enjoys working in a fast paced, innovative, mission critical environment with huge impact. Emphasis will be on a PM who wants to lead, come up with innovative solutions and solve difficult technical challenges. A PM who requires a very structured environment will not enjoy working here, the candidate must be a self-starter. The division uses 2 to 4 week agile sprint planning cycles. All are encouraged to think outside the box. In addition, this position will bridge the gap between the data loading team, data scientists, development team and the Sponsor’s partners who are not co-located (but mostly within the area). The division has multiple mission critical projects with deliverables over the next 4 fiscal years and is highly visible to the Sponsor’s partner. The division provides biometric and identity support with enterprise search and analytic applications. Team members work in a multitasking, technical, dynamic, process-improvement environment that requires experience with the principles of biometric technology, large-scale (terabytes) database and application development, large-scale file manipulation, data modeling, data mapping, data testing, data quality, and documentation preparation. The division directly supports data scientists and analysts by designing and engineering systems to meet exponential increases in digital data.
This position is for a Technical Project Manager responsible for assisting the sponsor with the following activities:
Interface with customers and staff management to gather strategic and tactical software requirements.
Communicate customer requirements to software developers.
Communicate efforts, progress, risks for several concurrent efforts to staff Project Manager.
Prepare project schedules, seeking status from team developers. Report schedule to Staff Project Manager.
Prepare various division level technical briefings (e.g. quad charts, roadmaps, strategic planning, and orientation presentations).
Facilitate technical resolutions when disagreements occur between technical teams. Facilitate across project teams (many division dependencies with the same resources)
Assist in organizing and executing team building activities.
Be detail oriented and extroverted, as you will be dealing with several tasks at once and mostly with introverted developer personalities
Extensive working experience managing and leading projects in software and systems engineering.
Demonstrated experience working with engineers and developers to ensure the right plan, design and product is being engineered and implemented.
- Demonstrated experience developing presentations of technical project plans and schedules.
- Demonstrated experience soliciting, translating and presenting software requirements between developers and customers.
- Demonstrated experience triaging software or engineering issues.
- Demonstrated non academic experience conducting formal or informal meetings and briefings with product stakeholders at all levels.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM or feature-driven development.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP).
- Demonstrated detailed oriented experience working several tasks at once and with various team dynamics.
- Demonstrated experience pointing out inconsistencies, problems, and points of contention with the processes and offering recommendations for resolution.
- Demonstrated experience working with internal enterprise system partners, internal stakeholders, and various Sponsor partners.
ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates must be a U.S. Citizen to apply.
Clearance Level Required: Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
# of Openings: 1