University of Maryland, Baltimore Assistant Director of Housekeeping in Baltimore, Maryland
University of Maryland Baltimore is currently seeking anAssistant Director of Housekeepingfor the Department of Facilities Management. The selected candidate directs and coordinates the delivery of housekeeping services for a designated shift. Manages a staff of Managers, coordinates with administrators in Schools and Departments to assure seamless and timely service delivery, and collaborates with other Facilities Management service delivery units to deliver consistent services that enable the success of our Schools. Duties include supervision of staff, quality assurance, program development, delivery and evaluation, and emergency management.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
• Manages a staff of Managers assigned to a designated shift to ensure cleanliness and orderly condition of assigned areas.
• Ensures all housekeeping functions are delivered efficiently and effectively for assigned shift.
• Evaluates, trains, coaches and schedules management staff as needed. Participates in the hiring process and delivers progressive disciplinary action when required.
• Provides visual inspection and service quality assurance, actively solicits feedback in all areas of responsibility. Monitors work in progress and ensures compliance with projected results, service delivery schedules and standards.
• Evaluates unanticipated and emergency service needs that arise during shift, determines level of action required and tasks staff accordingly. Determines strategy and provides follow-up with management in affected area.
• Fulfills the responsibilities of an Manager when required. Acts in the capacity of the Associate Director in their absence.
•Communicates and coordinates with customers, peers and other organization units as necessary to deliver the housekeeping program and to support the success of other programs.
• Oversees and recommends changes to internal operating procedures.
• Prepares reports and makes recommendations to improve the quality of services, cost control, and customer and employee satisfaction.
• Perform other related tasks as required.
•High school diploma or GED
• Seven (7)years of progressively responsible related experience on a scale equivalent to duties and responsibilities of this job
• Four (4) years management or supervisory experience required.
Other: May consider a combination of directly related experience and education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Skills in leadership, coaching, and teambuilding to strengthen and cultivate relationships.
• Well experienced with the concepts, best practices, and procedures of the Housekeeping trade.
• Knowledge of relevant regulations (such as OSHA regulations).
• Ability to analyze, compare and interpret facts and make sound judgments.
• Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects in order to meet established goals and objectives.
• Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Hiring Range:Low $50K to low $60K - Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job: *Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Organization: *Division of FM
Title: Assistant Director of Housekeeping
Requisition ID: 180000KL