SRI International Research Associate - Center for Learning & Development in Arlington, Virginia
Research Associate - Center for Learning & Development
We are seeking to hire a Research Associate in the Center for Learning and Development (CLD) at SRI Education. CLD conducts a variety of research, evaluation, and technical assistance projects involving staff from state agencies, children, families, social service providers, teachers, community members, and school administrators. Key areas of focus include early childhood (EC), early intervention/EC special education, K-12 education, behavioral health, and children and youth with disabilities. The position offers opportunities for professional growth and promotion commensurate with the research associate’s skills and performance.
Research and evaluation
The selected candidate will contribute to program evaluations at every stage of the research process, from proposal development to final reports and conference presentations. Specific research and evaluation duties may include: literature, website, and policy reviews; design of surveys, interview, and observation protocols; participation in data collection site visits; coding, analyzing, and graphing qualitative and quantitative data; and oral and written communication of research findings appropriate for non-academic, academic, and policy audiences.
The successful candidate will also provide project management support, specifically by tracking progress of project milestones, reporting to and consulting with project leaders on work progress, making recommendations for project procedures, monitoring and working with subcontractors, scheduling and monitoring data collection in the field, and creating and maintaining project management documents and databases such as schedules and status reports for clients.
Auto req ID:
Arlington, VA, Menlo Park, CA
--There are no additional requirements for this position.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A master’s degree in the social sciences or related policy fields and at least one year of prior work experience or equivalent experience.
• Experience with multiple research methods, including large-scale surveys, experimental research (group design), and case study methods, with strong preference for experience in educational settings.
• Strong analytic skills, with preference for candidates that have experience with quantitative and qualitative analytic software.
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills; capacity to support multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to attend to details, problem solve, modify approaches in consideration of practical concerns, and accept and adapt to sudden changes in client priorities.
• Willingness to travel 5-6 times per year for site visits and client meetings; many visits will be for 3-4 days each.
• A track record of skillful work with clients; experience with federal agencies and organizations (i.e. Department of Education, National Science Foundation) a significant plus.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.