Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems Administrator 4 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Cyber Systems Administrator 4
Requisition ID: 18007982
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then this is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Elkridge, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be filling a role that requires a broad array of knowledge and skills heavily focused on Systems Administration and software engineering working with team members to support a Cyber Security program at a customer site.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with an impeccable work ethic and a strong ability to work in a collaborative fast-moving dynamic team environment. The primary team is located in Tampa, Florida with distributed team members embedded directly with the customer.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Periodically conduct a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed
• Six (6) Years of experience in Software/Systems Engineering and/or Systems Administration with Bachelors in Science; Four (4) Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• Previous experience in administration of secure configuration managed systems
• Prior administration of virtualization environments using technologies such as Hyper-V, ESX, storage provisioning and networking of virtual systems
• Experience performing updates and patching of computer system
• Experience Configuring, administering and maintaining computer systems (Such as: Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012R2, Server 2016, Active Directory, Redhat Enterprise Linux)
• Experience Configuring, administering and maintaining patch deployment and management system
• Experience providing patch management status reporting to management
• Experience configuring, monitoring, maintaining, and administering computer backup and recovery solutions
• Experience providing backup and recovery status reporting to management
• Experience making recommendations for solutions to technical problems (e.g. product selection recommendations)
• Experience maintaining and operate virtual environments for servers and workstations
• Experience configuring system infrastructure software products
• Experience supporting engineering end-user desktop environment
• Writing standard operating procedure documentation and developing system cold-start documentation
• Ability to work in a team environment with minimal direct supervision
Relational database experience (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of Linux
• Experience with scripting (such as bash, python, and other scripting tools/language) development
• Experience with JEE development
• Experience with web application and/or Web Service Development
• Experience with web application frameworks such as Rails, Struts, EJB’s GWT, Spring
• Experience with Cloud Technologies such as AWS, HDFS, Map/Reduce, and NoSQL, Hadoop
• Experience researching new technology for inclusion/use on customer programs
• Experience contributing to open source applications
• Experience with Scrum/Agile Software Development Methodology
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Systems Administrator 4
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18007982